This Mum Moves is an initiative that aims to support pregnant women and new mothers to stay active by providing healthcare professionals with access to training and resources to facilitate the delivery of clear, consistent and confident messages regarding physical activity engagement.
We have worked in collaboration with Public Health England and Health Education England to develop a free e-learning module:
This modules raises awareness of the physical activity guidelines to help healthcare professionals empower pregnant women and new mothers to make informed choices about physical activity throughout motherhood.
HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS RESOURCE PACK – SUPPORTING PRACTICE
This resource pack is designed to help healthcare professionals in their work with pregnant and postpartum women and looks at:
- The definitions, guidelines and evidence base for physical activity in adults
- The Chief Medical Officers’ new guidance and infographics for physical activity for pregnant and postpartum women following their release in 2019
- Safety considerations for pregnant and postpartum women
- Strategies to support integrating the This Mum Moves approach into your practice
- Where to access further resources and signpost women
If you are a healthcare professional working in a This Mum Moves project area, and would like to have access to a digital version of this pack, please click on the button below
ACCESS AMBASSADOR TRAINING RESOURCES
To support healthcare professionals in utilising the Healthcare Professionals Resource Pack – Supporting Practice, and cascading information to their colleagues, This Mum Moves Ambassador Training is being initially delivered for midwives and health visitors in five locations.
This training is designed to support This Mum Moves Ambassadors in introducing the resources to their teams.
By the end of the session, healthcare professionals should have increased awareness of the UK Chief Medical Officers’ guidance, and be able to confidently give advice on physical activity to pregnant women and new mothers as part of routine practice.
As part of this process, This Mum Moves Ambassadors will receive presentation slides and an Ambassador Trainer Resource Pack to support their cascade.
If you recently attended This Mum Moves Ambassador Training, and would like to receive the presentation and Ambassador Trainer Resource Pack to support your cascade training please click below.
Here are some other resources you may find useful:
- Motivate2Move’s physical activity and pregnancy chapter
- Moving Medicine’s helpful information on ‘prescribing’ movement to pregnant women
- Pelvic, Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy (POGP) booklets
- Public Health England and Sport England’s physical activity clinical champions training
- Running Physio’s return to running post-pregnancy, free guide for clinicians